Sunday 1 April 2012

HBO Boxing : Marquez vs Fedchenko

On April 14th, HBO will have two fights shown in a pay-per-view split site telecast fight card with Juan Manuel Marquez (53-6-1, 39 KO’s) vs Serhiy Fedchenko (30-1, 13 KO’s) in one of the main fights with former WBA World lightweight champion Brandon Rios (29-0-1, 22 KO’s) fighting Richard Abril (17-2-1, 8 KO’s) in the other big fight on the card. To me, both these fights look like mismatches and I can’t see either of them being worth it to pay to see this. I like value for my money.

I know a certain percentage of boxing fans will purse the card just to see Rios and Marquez, ignoring the fact that these two separate fights are clear mismatches with stars facing lesser opponents. I don’t think this card is worthy of Pay-per-view. I’ve seen a lot of Manny Pacquiao cards that had mismatches from top to bottom, but this one ranks right up there with those in my view.

http://fightnews.com/Boxing/32812juanma00t.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment